YOKE – A wooden framework for harnessing together oxen, mules or other draft animals, consisting of a crossbar with two U-shaped iron pieces that encircle the necks of the animals. To fit, join, or bind together.
When you yoke two animals together, supposedly they are:
1) Same kind of animal; 2) Close to the same age; 3) Same size; 4) Equal in strength
Bound together for goal of accomplishing one purpose
Let’s see the Apostle Paul’s Input:
II Corinthians 6:14-18
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord (harmony) hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
The prerequisite for pleasing the Father is a separation from the unclean things mentioned above.
The literal text above deals with those that are saved and those who are unsaved or believers and unbelievers. However, this does not mean that just because two individuals are saved they now have a license to marry. Nor does it mean that two saved people cannot be unequally yoked in other areas.
For example, if you are Mature in Christ and in a relationship with a Babe – then by virtue of the two of you being on two totally different levels you are unequally yoked as far as maturity is concerned.
Here are my thoughts on this situation:
One – The man should be equally or the most mature in God’s word since he has been placed in the headship position. He should be able to lead and teach his family.
Two – Conviction level is a key point. I’m not as interested in how much word you can quote as I am in how much you are applying. Make sure the person is a doer of the word as you should be too.
Three – If you are at different levels in the knowledge of God’s word, make sure that the both of you are at like conviction levels. Your desires to please God should closely match.
*** Final Thought***
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
Rickey E. Macklin
“Preparing You To Live Victories!”
Powered by Facebook Comments