As I write this article, I write it because I have some news to share with you! I just want you to know that I’m coming out of the closet and flipping the switches! Perhaps that should be the title of my next book! Or perhaps I could entitle it, “Run and Tell That!” 🙂
However, before I go any further and before you start spreading rumors and gossiping, let’s make sure you’re spreading the right news! No, I don’t practice an alternative lifestyle. No, I’m not hooked on drugs. No, I wasn’t abused as a child. The news is I’m not getting ANY. Yep, you heard it from me first. If you have your running shoes on – please run and tell that!
Not every woman wants to admit it and most men will never say it. However, I know I’m not alone and it’s time for us to “flip the switches.” Obviously this is not something the brothers will sit around and have small talk about especially since the prevailing thought in our society is either something is wrong with you or you’re gay if you are not sexually active. This same shame has caused a number of brothers to give up and throw in the towel.
Sadly, even some of the men who should be mentors are teaching our young men that you aren’t man until you’ve slept with x-number of women. As a result, our young men go on a rampage to divide and conquer only to leave a lot of hurt sistas, out of wedlock children, diseases and debris behind. It’s time for real men of God to tell our brothers that sleeping with half of the women in your circle does not make you a man. However, what makes you a man is your ability to discipline what’s between your legs!
Is it a fierce battle? Of course it is but you don’t have to fight it alone. Personally, I remember making a decision to wait until marriage when I was very young. However, as the scripture states – you can’t hold fire in your bosom and not be burned. In other word, if you keep playing with matches, one day you will get burned. So, just in case you were wondering, no I’m not a virgin but I will tell you this – the Lord has kept me now for many years.
As you’ve heard me say time and time again – God will keep you “if” you want to be kept. Do I plan to stay this way? Of course not! I look forward to marriage – to the love – and sexual intimacy that comes with it as well.
As I sit here typing, I know this is for someone in particular because for the past 3 days, writing this has been inescapable. Do I care what people will think? Not one bit. Am I ashamed of my lifestyle? Not one bit. I must say that God has brought me to a place in my life that pleasing Him is a more important than getting the approval of man.
So, I’ll end this article with a commission to three types of people that can be found in almost any crowd.
1. Instigators/Gossipers: For all of you who just love spreading news and you don’t even care if it’s good or bad, I say to you, put on your track shoes and run and tell that! While you’re at it, tell them that other Godly men are flipping the switches too! And don’t forget to let them know that pleasing God means more to us than pleasing ourselves.
2. Spectators: I’m not mad at you. You’re just an observer. But perhaps you’re torn betwixt this issue yourself. I want to encourage you that regardless of where you are or what you might presently be involved in, there’s no sexual battle that God cannot deliver you out of. Is sex outside of marriage wrong? Yes! God’s desire is that we wait until we’re married. However, if you’ve crossed the line, as I’ve done myself, God’s grace is sufficient for you. He’ll forgive you and His strength will be perfect whenever you find yourself weak.
3. Participators: You guys are awesome! I’m speaking of both my brothers and sistas. I appreciate each one of you. I know it’s not easy because of the various societal influences you have to deal with on a daily basis. However, I want to commend you for hanging in there and for setting an example for others to follow. I pray that you continue to allow the Holy Spirit to keep you and that you’ll never compromise by putting yourself in a situation with someone who doesn’t understand nor appreciates your value.
So – to my brothers who are living this life too, I’m asking that you take a STAND with me and let your light shine bright. Let’s teach our little brothers (young and old), biblical values and not street values. Let your peers know that God’s hand is upon your life and that doesn’t make you creepy – it makes you wise. Let’s show the world that yeah you’re a man with manly desires but you have the power of the Holy Spirit in you and He knows well how to calm the flames of your desires until the appropriate time.
Here’s what I want you to do next …
- If this article has blessed you, click the tweet button or facebook share below to share it with others.
- Share your comments below.
- Sign up on your right for my free 6 Days to Optimizing Your Lifedownload. A 6-Day Devotion to helping you become the Best You!
Preparing You To Live Victorious!
Powered by Facebook Comments